Protocase manufactures fully finished custom electronic enclosures and associated parts from a wide variety of materials and components, in 2-3 days with no minimum order. Protocase also provides expert and affordable enclosure design services.
Materials, Components & Finishes
Cold Rolled Steel
Protocase recommends cold rolled steel for general purpose enclosures. It offers a good combination of cost and structural integrity (stiffness).
If corrosion resistance is required, consider galvanneal, stainless, or aluminum. Likewise consider aluminum where minimum weight and/or corrosion resistance is a consideration.
Powdercoat or Unfinished
Typically use zinc plated steel PEMS and fasteners
Highly weldable with seam or spot processes
Stocked Gauges for Cold Rolled Steel
- 11 gauge (0.120" | 3.05 mm)
- 12 gauge (0.105" | 2.67 mm)
- 13 gauge (0.090" | 2.29 mm)
- 14 gauge (0.075" | 1.91 mm)
- 16 gauge (0.060" | 1.52 mm)
- 18 gauge (0.048" | 1.22 mm)
- 20 gauge (0.036" | 0.91 mm)
- 22 gauge (0.030" | 0.76 mm)
- 24 gauge (0.024" | 0.61 mm)
The gauges shown above are based on American CRS sheet steel manufacturers gauge thickness. These will vary from british gauges with some exceptions.